Sunday, October 28, 2007

Our Little Pumpkin

This week my mom, Jett, and I carved Jett's first Jack-O-Latern. I thought that it was my first time to carve a Jack-O-Latern also, but my mom assured me that when I was young we always carved pumpkins. Apparently, 15 years ago carving a pumpkin meant cutting out triangle eyes, a nose, and a mouth. Now days they have those neat pumpkin carving kits that are pretty intricate and difficult. We chose an easy bat pattern to do since it was mine and Jett's first time. My mom does them each year, so she was there to help me correct things when I got a little crazy with the little carving knife. Here are some before, during, and after pics of the Jack-O-Lantern, and my little Punkin' Jett.







Thursday my friend Amy and I started back up with our weekly Cheesecake Factory "dates" again. Amy and I have never had a problem having a great time together, but I think now that we have Abby and Jett, we have more fun than ever. There is definately never a dull moment. Aside from a really poor waiter, we had a great time and finished off our evening with a trip to the mall. When we got home Thursday night I checked the mail and Jett had received his Halloween card from my mom. Here are some pictures of him checking it out.


Saturday was my BIG day. The 30th annual Tulsa Run. I have been training for weeks and I will have to say, this was by far one of the easiest run's that I have done. I was a little concerned when I heard that we would be running on some "serious hills", so I busted my rear for weeks running through the hills in my neighborhood. After the run, I can't understand what "hills" they were talking about. They obviously have never run through Southridge Estates. At least I was prepared for the worst, right? Next weekend is the Jenks Half Marathon. I would like to sign up, but I am having a hard time finding much information on it. I am going to do some more checking around tomorrow. Here is a picture from after the Tulsa Run on Saturday. Shanna and I both beat our goal time, so hurray for us!

One last picture.....This morning I was putting cans of soda in the fridge, and Jett decided to start pulling things out of the bottom tray. I had my camera close by (as usual), so I had to snap a shot of my handsome little guy. I LOVE they way he looks when I first get him up in the mornings. I could just take a bite out of him he is so sweet!

No comments: