Sunday, June 8, 2008

Awe......a relaxing week at last (and fun weekend)

Well, not much to say about this past week at our house. For once, we had a normal, laid back, stress-free week for a change. As I mentioned last week, Jett's 18 month pictures were scheduled for Saturday morning. A friend of mine who is just getting her photography business started made arrangements to meet us at Woodward Park at 9:00am. Of course, Jett had to take a tumble on the steps outside Wed. night while helping me water the flowers, so he had a huge goose egg until about Friday morning. Friday afternoon, Bobby's mom and dad called to say that while they were playing with him out in their yard he fell and hit his head in the same spot. Ouch! I contemplated re-scheduling pictures again, but after thinking long and hard about it, I realized that Jett would not be Jett at this age without a bruise somewhere on his body so I decided to go ahead and have them made. I am so glad that I did because I think they are going to be AMAZING!! He was being such a ham and she shot him for at least an hour. She was so good with him and just followed him around and got random shots of him playing, being silly, and just acting like his happy self. He took right up with her too, which was fantastic. After his pictures we went home and picked up Bobby and headed off to Lake Bixoma where the bank has it's annual picnic (Boonefest). It is absolutely gorgeous out there and Jett was in heaven with all of the cows, puppies, ponds, tractors, pools, fish, etc.
Here are some pictures from the party:
The catfish in this pond are the biggest I have ever seen!

Being a ham on the catfish deck




Jett didn't know about sticking his own feet in the water


Lovin the hay ride with daddy!!! (Jett's favorite part. He loved the big tractor pulling us)


We had a blast and can't wait to go back next year. Yesterday we took my new vehicle to have the navigation system put back in, only to pick it up this afternoon and it doesn't work. Urgh! I guess we will be taking it back this week. Bobby is having navigation put in his Wednesday. That is going to be my father's day gift to him from Jett. I hope he remembers this next Mother's Day, or while we are in New York City in a few weeks......ha! Here's a picture of my two favorite boys.


Jett continues to keep us rolling these days. He is the funniest kid and always makes us laugh. He loves phones and he will put them right up to his ear and have a big, long conversation with himself. He also recognizes Ipod's, but he puts them up to his ear and talks as well. I guess they look like a phone to him. He is still in to counting and saying his A,B,C's (with our help of course). The funniest thing is listening to him repeat everything, and I do mean EVERYTHING we say. He is like a little parrot. My favorite thing right now has to be him saying "mommy hold you" when he wants me to pick him up, "mommy help" when he wants me to hold his hand and help him down the steps, and "rock a bye, rock a bye" at night before bed. The thing we probably hear the most these days though is "go see ......" Everything he sees, he says "go see truck, go see car, go see puppies, go see bug, go see daddy, go see airplane, go see the boat, go see Tiffy....you get the point. He wants to go see everything!!! What a cutie. That's all for now. Have a great week!!

3 comments:

Mandy said...

I can totally relate to the picture dilema. I have been trying to figure out when to schedule Tayson's 18 month pictures next month but I have been so afraid that he will have a huge bruise or something on his head. I finally decided that it doesn't matter, that is a big part of his life right now!! Tayson also puts everything up to his ear and acts like it is a phone, even the remote controls!! They are just so much fun right now!

RachelM said...

Poor Jett! He needs to wear body armor at all times! I'm so glad you went ahead with the pics. I love your reasoning. Can't wait to see them!

Amber said...

I love the picture of you and Jett on the deck! I love photos that are different and not a posing one. I am jealous that you get to go to NYC...I have been up state near Ithca but not into NYC! Make sure you take lots of photos :) Fortnatly i can't realte to all the bumps and bruises b/c Kaid is so careful with what he does for a 5 yr old boy, his dad and I are trying to toughen him up :) A few bumps here and there wouldn't be so bad on Kaid!

Everyone has been telling me that when you stress over getting pregnant then it won't happen. I know that it may take me several months to a year to even get pregnant and so we are just doing the usual but if by December i am not pregnant i will probably start to freak out and buy all those kits that help you! :)