Monday, June 23, 2008

Christian Jett is 19 months!!

I cannot even believe that Jett is 19 months old now. It's hard to believe that it has been over 2 years since we found out we were pregnant. Every day he amazes us more and more, and he continues to surprise us with all of the things he says and does. At this age, his brain is like a sponge, soaking in everything that is going on around him. Bobby and I were laughing at him Sunday night because he does things that "make sense". For example, when Tiffany kisses him, we always tell him that she is giving him kisses. So when I ask him for a kiss, he tries to lick my face. The other night, Bobby, Jett, Tiffany I were lying on the floor and Jett was petting Tiffany. I said "Jett, can you pat daddy?" Jett gets up, walks over to Bobby, starts patting his head and says "oooohhhhh, good boy". Today, Bobby's dad was starting his mower by pulling that string thingy (I am sure there is a more technical name for it, but I wouldn't have the slightest idea what it is), and Jett went over to his play mower and started pretending he was pulling the string also. I could go on and on about the funny things he does, but it would take all night. We love him so much it hurts us! Here is my "Rock Star" the day he turned 19 months old.



This weekend was wonderful because we spent so much time together playing outside, going on walks, and going out to eat. Of course, any day is wonderful to me when I don't have to cook (and I say that like I do it so often). We went out to the Riverparks and walked along the pedestrian bridge because we thought Jett would enjoy watching the people, cars, dogs, and water. He was a little nervous about the water at first, but eventually got brave wasn't to happy with me because I wouldn't let him walk right up to the edge and bend over. I felt horrible because he wanted to "go see water" so bad, but it made me a nervous wreck.






We also went to my mom's this weekend and Jett had fun playing with Gramma and her puppies. He didn't know what to do about my mom's dog because he is extremely well behaved. Jett acted confused as to why Lucky wasn't jumping on him, licking him, or trying to take his cookies. He kept looking at us like "what in the world is wrong with this animal?" My mom finally gave Jett a dog biscuit that Lucky would eat from his hand, so then they were both happy.



Only 4 more days until we are off to the Big Apple. I am SO excited!!! Bobby and I were talking the other night and this was our conversation:
Amber: Do you know what I think would be really fun?
Bobby: What?
Amber: If we went to see Sex and the City IN Manhattan
Bobby: Babe, I don't want to see Sex and the City here, why would I want to see it there?
Lucky for him, I have already seen it, so I guess he is off the hook this time.
HA! I am sure we will have a full agenda. With that being said, I am going to be so busy the rest of the week packing, and then we will be gone for 9 days, so I apologize ahead of time for no new posts next week.
Here is one last picture of my sweet baby boy sleeping. I couldn't resist!

3 comments:

Mandy said...

It seems like the months are coming faster and faster now! Just when Tayson turned 16 months, it seemed like the next week he was 17 months!

Have a good time in the New York! I can't wait to hear all about your trip!!

Amber said...

He is so precious! Kids grow fast, to fast...I can't believe Kaid will be in 1st Grade in two months, i can remember when he was running around the house in his diaper and could barley talk. :)

Thanks for the nice comments on my blog!

Jessica said...

You are so sweet! Thank you for stopping by! Come again! : )