Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

My sweet baby boy has been under the weather all week, so I will keep this post short, but I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! We had a nice day considering that Jett was beginning to get a nasty cold that is still making him miserable today.
We had a nice, casual Thanksgiving dinner at my grandma's house on Thursday. Jett recruited my step-dad to play catch the ball in the tin bucket with him. Greg would throw the ball to Jett who was holding the bucket, and Jett would occasionally flinch when the ball came flying towards him. The ball they were using was a Sponge Bob plastic ball, but started thinking later that it is probably not a great idea to teach a 2 year old that it is OK to throw things in the house. I suspect it might be too late at this point, so I am sure my days of broken windows and lamps are coming.




Where did the ball go?!?

Whenever my mom is around, this is what you will see. Jett wanting nothing to do with anyone else.

Running around in Nenal's yard

After dinner, we took Jett to the park. He had fun playing on the toys, and mom and I enjoyed chasing him around, hopefully burning off a few of those Thanksgiving Day calories.





Saturday night was the BIG OU vs. OSU game, and since my aunt and uncle were in town from Dallas, we all gathered at my grandma's house to watch. Jett was feeling pretty sick at this point, so he spent the whole evening going back and forth between me and my mom before finally passing out in my lap. Tonight Bobby and I took him out to Rhema to see all of the lights. My mom used to take me every year, so I want to do the same thing with Jett. That place is amazing. Jett loved it, and so did we.



After we got home, I had Jett (wearing his OU sweats to celebrate the victory) pose by the Christmas tree in front of his OU airplane ornament.



One last picture of our enormous tree. I really dread taking this thing down!

Have a great week, I am off to watch Kung Fu Panda with the boys!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Tayson has been really sick for the past week with a nasty cold too! I hate when they are sick!! I'm glad you guys had a Happy Thanksgiving anyways!!