Sunday, November 2, 2008

Jett-O-Lantern!

First off, I know it seems lame, but I thought it was appropriate that I dress Jett as a Jack-O-Lantern this Halloween for one of two reasons. The first reason being that he is definitely our little punkin'! The second reason is that I am sure that within the next few years he is going to be begging us to dress up as some type of super hero or movie character. On top of that, I absolutely loved the little hat! Jett decided several months ago that he did not like hats anymore, so for the past several weeks I have been working on "tricking" him to wear one. Every night before bed we walk up and down the street to look at the moon and stars. Each night before we would head out, I would say "Jett, lets go get your hat on so we can go find the moon!" It worked like a charm, and now he will wear hats again, yippee!! Amy and I met up at the church on Friday night for the fall festival.
My little punkin'!

This boy LOVES pony rides....or runs, these pony's were fast. I felt like I was jogging along beside them.

The funny mirror

Jett loved this "punkin' head"


Jett-O-Lantern and his lil' lady bug, Abigayle. This was the best picture I could get. They were both pretty distracted with everything that was going on.

After the festival, we headed to Owasso to trick or treat gramma's house, Jett was so excited!

Last weekend at a birthday party, Jett spent most of his time playing with a little red toy semi-truck. Bobby and I went shopping this past week to find him one since he loved it so much. Needless to say, he has been obsessed with it all week. This boy is fascinated with anything that has wheels.



This week we also carved our pumpkin for the front porch. We were a little late this year because we have been so busy, but better late than never, right?!? Jett wanted to help me carve the pumpkin, so I gave him one of his plastic knives and let him go to town.




Tonight Bobby, Jett and I snuggled up in the movie room to watch Barnyard. This was the first time I have ever put on a movie for Jett (mostly because I have no idea how to work the equipment), and I think he really enjoyed seeing the animals on the big screen and the noise of the surround sound. It was so much fun! We may have to make this a Sunday night routine. That's about it for us this week. I hope everyone had a fantastic Halloween! Only two more days (thank goodness) until the election. Everyone remember to go vote.

3 comments:

Mandy said...

Oh my gosh...he was the cutest pumpkin!! I am so impressed that he wore the hat...we weren't so fortunate!! I'm glad you guys had a great Halloween!

Amber said...

The cutest pumpkin by far! He probably wouldn't even need the hat to pull off the costume with that red hair of his! :) Either way he was adorable...as usual.

Mandy said...

Mother's Day Out is going pretty well. Tayson had never gone anywhere either so when this started at the beginning of Sept. I put him in one day a week and then now he is actually going twice a week. He has had some problems with getting pretty upset when I drop him off but the teachers say he is doing well. He seems to be talking quite a bit more now too!