Sunday, March 15, 2009

Mr. Fearless

There is never a dull moment in our lives anymore. If Jett is not cracking us up with his words, he is keeping us on our toes by showing us how brave he can be. He has no fear at all, and that of course means that I am always in a state of panic these days. He is typically clinging to my leg regardless of where I am, so I know something is up if he is out of my sight for more than a few seconds. The other night I was baking cupcakes, and I could see him out of the corner of my eye playing with his ABC magnets on the floor. The whole time I was mixing the batter, Jett was saying "I'm helping mommy. I'm opening it." I continued to mix and thank him for whatever it was he felt like he was helping me with. When I turned around to put the cupcakes in the oven, I found him in the midst of about 10 packages of Big Red gum unwrapped, and each individual piece of gum had been unwrapped as well. After he had finished unwrapping, he proceeded to put them in and old blender pitcher he found in the cabinet with all of his magnet letters. He must have been unwrapping at record speed because the cupcakes only take about 2 minutes to mix.



Also new is climbing. I am terrified of heights, so this scares me to death. On any given day, this is what goes on in our home.
Step 1.

Step 2.

Step 3.

Jett has never showed too much interest in the stairs in our house. I suspect this is probably because we enter the house through the garage instead of the front door, we hardly ever go upstairs, and there is always a gate at the bottom to keep Tiffany (and Jett) from going up. This weekend I took the gate down to clean and Jett thought going up and down the stairs was great entertainment. He quicky discovered that with his slick track pants on, he could sit and slide on his bottom from step to step.



After his bath today Jett found a headband in my drawer. I didn't know that he had put it on his head, but I got a chuckle out of what I saw when I walked into the bedroom to check on him after drying my hair.


A few weeks ago I left my husband home alone for approximately 5 hours to attend a party with my mom, and when I arrived home I was surprised to find that he had bought Jett a new 4 wheeler. I've always said I can't leave him alone for very long because he gets bored and buys stuff. In the past few weeks we have had so much fun on our new toy!





Just in case anyone is wondering, Amy, Lorri, and I had a fabulous time at the New Kids concert. It was so fun to be surrounded by so many women our age decked out in old school New Kids attire (and plastic earrings). The concert was actually really good and they have aged remarkably well. I am now gearing up for the Elton John and Billy Joel concert Tuesday night with mom. I can't wait until Jett is old enough to go with me! I hope he loves music as much as we do.

1 comment:

Amber said...

That's great you had a good time at the concert! I love music too...I hope to go to the Def Lepoard/Poison/Cheap Trick concert in August at the BOK Center! I also want to see Bon Jovi in October! :)