Sunday, March 8, 2009

Springing Forward

Is anyone else as excited as I am that the days are now longer!?!? As much as I didn't like losing an hour of sleep Saturday night, it was SO worth it today when we were able to play outside until almost 8:00 before it got dark. When I say play, I really mean that Jett played while Bobby and I raked 17 bags of leaves. As do most boys, Jett's favorite part was jumping into the big piles after we were done. He is so incredibly sweet these days, and he also loves to help us around the house. After playing in the leaves, he tried to "help" daddy bag them.








My mother-in-law has the greenest thumb of anyone I have ever met, and she has the most beautiful garden I have ever seen. People often drive by her house to admire her yard. I tend to kill everything I plant, so she helped us last year and we actually managed to keep everything alive. Yeah! Jett really enjoys helping his Harmonee in the yard, so the other day when I was trimming back hedges, he grabbed a shovel and followed me around. Here are some cute pictures. You can tell it was early by his attire. Pj's, boots, jacket that doesn't quite match, and hat. Good thing he looks adorable no matter what he is wearing.



Can you tell that we are excited about the warmer weather?! The other night after dinner Jett and I went to the park, and he was not happy when I told him we had to go home because it was getting dark. I think he would live outside if he could.
He has become so fearless. He will climb on anything and/or jump off of anything. This is the greatest part of having a boy (besides the momma's boy thing that I love so much). So much fun, and never a dull moment!








About the only indoor activity Jett participated in this week was helping Gramma fix Nenal's garbage disposal. Give this boy a screwdriver or wrench and he is a happy camper!



That pretty much sums up our week. Tomorrow Amy and I are going to the New Kids on the Block concert. Go ahead and laugh, that's ok! Amy and I will have a blast. I wonder if we will be the only 30 something, married with children's there? I went the their first concert in Tulsa when I was about 12, and my mom (THE coolest mom on the planet) camped out for 3 days to get me tickets. This time was much different. We waited until they had been on sale for about a month and then walked right up to the counter and chose our seats. How times have changed! Have a great week!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Just adorable! Love the pics of him in the leaves :)

Thanks for your words on my blog...
By the way, I love Jett's beenie and coat! Too cute...