Sunday, March 29, 2009

Snow? In March?

Isn't spring supposed to be green and beautiful? Something crazy happened here last week and we had about 8 inches of snow on the ground by Saturday night. I was so excited for Jett to wake up Saturday morning so I could show him the white stuff falling from the sky. He was SO excited, and happy to watch it from the window, but not such a big fan of being out in it.
View from our front door

Jett in the snow.

I can't say that I blame him. It wasn't a nice, dry, powdery snow. It was more of a wet, nasty snow that turned into slush Sunday morning (just in time for my 20 mile run, yippee!) At least it looked pretty from inside. Since my idea of playing outside was not such a big hit, we opted to play indoors building lego's, riding around in the firetruck, and pushing around the bulldozer.





Today was a little better. Still lot's of puddles from the melting slush, but Jett enjoyed making snow balls and making mini snow men. I think he actually liked the snow, but he didn't care for it coming down on his head.



You would think that with the weather being nasty, and not having much else to do, that I would have used this opportunity to do a little potty training. Not so much. I just can't seem to motivate myself to potty train. I don't know if it's the dread, or the idea of not having a little one in diapers anymore, but I just keep putting it off. Instead, I shopped for Jett an Easter outfit and hit a great sale at Gaga-a-Gogo (fave store-everyone with little ones should go). Maybe the aggressive potty training will begin this week......or not.
Tonight, Bobby and Jett were playing "ride the little horsey" in the living room, and when Bobby stopped, Jett said "more quarters". He is used to always getting to ride the horse at the store, and knows that to make it go you must insert money. I gave him a penny to put in Bobby's hand and we did this over, and over, and over until I am sure that Bobby couldn't feel his legs anymore. At that point, Jett got down, ran back to our bedroom and grabbed a remote, came back into the living room, hopped back up on Bobby's legs, and pointed the remote at his knees and hit the power button. Where DOES he get this stuff?!?!? Here they are goofing off.




That about sums up our week. I hope everyone is safe and warm! Oh yes, and to all of my bloggie friends that I typically comment on, if you have noticed my slacking lately, it's probably due to my new obsession with Facebook. Does anyone have a page? It is so addicting and fun to find old friends!

No comments: